We always have a 3-day school in early March in Bolivar, MO just before the annual Bud Summit. In 2024 it will be March 11-13. Registration will open late in the fall.
Proper Stockmanship: October 6 – December 6, 2023, information and registration here.
- 5 weeks of online lessons
- 10 course videos of about an hour each
- Additional videos to help with specific questions and situations
- 6 live Q&A Zoom Sessions with Richard and Tina
- 2 months of full access to all materials
- A pdf handout covering all the text in the presentations
- Registration closes October 2 (special extension).
- 4 weeks of online lessons
- 14 course videos of varying length
- 5 live Q&A Zoom Sessions with Richard and Tina
- 2 months of access to all materials
- A pdf handout covering all the information including exercises for you to do to better learn and understand the math
- Lifetime access to a wide variety of excel files and explanation videos to assist you with your marketing decisions
- Opportunity to buy “Proper Livestock Marketing 101” at a special price!
- Early-bird savings ends December 12; register today!
Online Proper Stockmanship Course
October 6-December 6, 2023
If you are considering attending one of our online courses, please read this FAQ page. If you still have questions, give us a call!
Registration closes October 2 (special extension).
- Research benefits
- Pressure and release
- How we communicate with our livestock
- Instincts of humans and livestock
- Predator/Prey relationship
- Positioning and movement
- Training the herd
- At the gate and working in the corral
- Sorting, weaning, receiving, and loading
- Our attitude
Register by MailThe deadline for registering by mail is past.
Register Using PayPal$629 (includes PayPal fee) for one person or the first person:
$944 (includes PayPal fee) for two people from the same family/ranch:
Online Proper Livestock Marketing Course
January 12-March 12, 2024
If you are considering attending one of our online courses, please read this FAQ page. If you still have questions, give us a call!Early-bird savings ends December 12; register today!
Using lecture, questions/answers, current market data, and actual math calculations, we will cover—
- Know and understand yourself
- The only price that matters (hint, there won’t be any crystal ball involved)
- Know your resources (money, feed, livestock, and time) and how to manage them
- Sell/Buy compared to Buy/Sell
- Find relationships and determine what to sell and what to buy
- Marketing for the cow/calf producer (another hint, every cow/calf producer becomes a stocker manager when their calves get to about 300 pounds!)
- Determine the value of breeding stock
- How to eliminate guesswork, hoping, and doubt
- How to use the provided excel spreadsheets
- Make a profit and stay in business!
Register by MailSave PayPal fees and register by mail! Download, print, fill out, and mail this form along with your check in US dollars. If you live in Canada and want to send a check, please make sure the check routing number is 9 digits and the check is made out into US funds. If it’s not, please pay using PayPal as we will need to pay an additional fee to cash your check.
Register Using PayPal$471 (includes PayPal fee) for one person or the first person:
$708 (includes PayPal fee) for two people from the same family/ranch:
Online Course Format
We will post video lessons week by week on password-protected web pages the class attendees can watch on their own time, then we will schedule zoom meetings with the class to discuss the materials and answer questions before we move onto the next lesson.
- You will need moderately fast internet in order to watch the videos and participate in the zoom calls. You will also need a larger tablet, a laptop, or a desktop computer to watch the videos on. Although you could watch them on your phone, it will be hard to see the nuances you will need to understand (especially in the stockmanship course).
- We will be communicating by email quite a bit, so monitoring emails will be necessary to keep up with the latest information.
- Both courses have handouts you should download and print. It’s most important to print the marketing handout as there are many exercises for you to do to help you understand the math involved.
Since we started teaching online course we have received some very nice testimonials from students. You can read some of them at the top of our list of testimonials here.
Charge for adults is $599 per person. Two people from the same family/ranch can “buy one, get one half off.” Three people from the same ranch can just use the special price for one of the three attendees. If five or more come from the same ranch, call us for pricing. Your own kids age 18 and under attend free.
For each course, an early bird price will be available up til a month before the first day of the course. Register early to receive it!
Because PayPal charges us a fee for the opportunity for you to register using your PayPal account or a credit card, we will ask you to pay that fee. We do offer print registration forms for each of our offerings so you can print, include a check, and mail your registrations and avoid the fee.
Benefits of online vs. face-to-face schools
- Save travel, hotel rooms, meals, etc.
- No time away from your ranch
- Watch lesson videos (and back-up for clarification) on your own time
- Re-watch videos during the two months of access
- Practice between lessons
- Zoom with other students, Richard, and Tina weekly for questions and answers