Eliminate Guesswork with Proper Marketing Skills!
A lot of producers are kinda guessing the market when it comes to marketing their cattle.
The Proper Livestock Marketing Course eliminates guessing and “hoping” your way to a profit.
It will empower the producer to make profitable decisions with clear confidence and not only just stay in business but their farm and family can thrive like never before.
Be confident in any decision:
- When to sort calves off
- When to sell and replace
- What to replace stock with
- What stocker weights to sell/buy
- When to market breeding cows
Learn how to apply these principles immediately!
It works for any producer:
- The large rancher with thousands of acres.
- The family farmer who wants to leave a legacy for the next generation.
- The small producer who wants to make the most of what he has.
See the results on your very first trip to the sale barn!
Who is Bud Williams?
Bud William’s revolutionary stockmanship was named one of the Top Ten Innovations in the beef industry (alongside things like barbed-wire, antibiotics, and refrigeration!) by Beef Producer in 2011.
In the September 2013 issue of Beef, Bud Williams was named one of the top 50 industry leaders.
Bud Williams died in 2012, but he left a legacy that can help producers now and anywhere.
Richard McConnell and wife, Tina (Bud Williams’ daughter), want more than anything to help as many people as possible with Bud and Eunice’s invaluable training and insight.
An added benefit of attending our in-person or online Proper Livestock Marketing course is the ability to buy Proper Livestock Marketing 101 at half the usual price! This 300-page book is an extensive collection of all Bud’s writings on livestock marketing from the stockmanship.com/subscription website as well as the transcription of his marketing video (not available any longer).
This book is an excellent companion to our course and a great way to better understand all the important marketing issues Bud wrote about.
Register for either in-person schools or online courses
- 5 weeks of online lessons
- 10 course videos of about an hour each
- Additional videos to help with specific questions and situations
- 6 live Q&A Zoom Sessions with Richard and Tina
- 2 months of full access to all materials
- A pdf handout covering all the text in the presentations
- 4 weeks of online lessons
- 14 course videos of varying length
- 5 live Q&A Zoom Sessions with Richard and Tina
- 2 months of access to all materials
- A pdf handout covering all the information including exercises for you to do to better learn and understand the math
- Lifetime access to a wide variety of excel files and explanation videos to assist you with your marketing decisions
- Opportunity to buy “Proper Livestock Marketing 101” at a special price!
What you will learn!
Our Proper Stockmanship Course uses lecture, questions/answers, and videos, to cover—
- Research benefits
- Pressure and release
- How we communicate with our livestock
- Instincts of humans and livestock
- Predator/Prey relationship
- Positioning and movement
- Training the herd
- At the gate and working in the corral
- Sorting, weaning, receiving, and loading
- Our attitude
Our Proper Marketing Course uses lecture, questions/answers, current market data, and actual math calculations, to cover—
- Know and understand yourself
- The only price that matters (hint, there won’t be any crystal ball involved)
- Know your resources (money, feed, livestock, and time) and how to manage them
- Sell/Buy compared to Buy/Sell
- Find relationships and determine what to sell and what to buy
- Marketing for the cow/calf producer (another hint, every cow/calf producer becomes a stocker manager when their calves get to about 300 pounds!)
- Determine the value of breeding stock
- Make a profit and stay in business!
- Eliminate guesswork, hoping, and doubt
Quotes from Bud and Previous Students
From Bud Williams:
“Proper marketing should be about having the proper amount of money, proper amount of feed and the proper number of animals to work with their price relation to feed and money. This is why I say to deal with today and with today’s conditions and price.”
“Just finished the Proper Livestock Marketing course. The sell/buy concept is fascinating, and Richard and Tina do a great job teaching it. Once they explain how it works, they release the spreadsheets that do all of the calculations. Very interesting and well worth the investment. We have already started implementing.”
“We used the methods we learned in Brandon for moving cattle last week when we sorted cows and calves and WOW! Much smoother handling, kids were impressed and we were all still smiling and talking to each other at the end of the day! I would have taken pics to show how it was all going but it was moving so tickity smooth and fast there was no time! lol We showed our other kids the DVD and some YouTube videos and they caught on right away so the day went very quickly, and all that was to be done in 2 (possibly 3 days) was done in ONE!!! THANK YOU for teaching the course! It was worth the time and money spent!”
From Bud Williams:
“Learning and using good stockmanship will probably return more profit for the time invested than anything except good marketing.”
“Thank you so very much; this has been THE BEST online course that I have taken. There are online courses where once you buy the course they see their end as done. You guys have over delivered to the tenth degree. It is very clear to me that you want this to be a course that empowers you for life. There is no doubt in my mind that it will! I had a fellow ask me about this sell/buy; I said you just have to take the course at Hand ‘n Hand to start!”
“My son Brian and I sorted, loaded and delivered 33 feeder calves Saturday. Brian said we should send you guys a Thank You Note each time we handle cattle. This was the smoothest and easiest it’s ever gone. The only people who don’t like this method are the folks who have never taken the time to learn and try. Thanks again!”
“I have been around livestock my entire life, and I thought I knew all there was to know about handling livestock. I don’t think I could have been more wrong. Richard & Tina have opened up a whole new world to my sons and I when it comes to handling livestock. Our ability to handle livestock properly has improved not only our bottom line but our quality of life. Reducing stress on your livestock and family is a win win situation. If you ever have a chance to attend one of Richard’s and Tina’s school do so, it will be the best money you will ever spend.”