Due to travel and event restrictions in some other states (not in Missouri), we have decided to hold more schools locally. Bolivar, Missouri is half an hour north of Springfield and about two and a half hours south of the Kansas City International Airport. We will hold the school at Smith’s Restaurant just south of Bolivar.
At this point, there are no mandatory mask ordinances or business closings in either Bolivar or Polk County. We will not be wearing masks to teach as it would be impossible for us to speak and be understood. Attendees, of course, are welcome to wear masks, and we will have enough space so families can be separate from other families.
We believe in common sense thoughts on this virus and public meetings. If you are sick, please do not come! We will fully refund your registration fee with no problems. If you are worried about getting sick, please do not come. We are in the process of setting up on-line courses, and you can attend one of those or you can buy some of the many materials Eunice Williams has on these subjects.
Eunice Williams will be joining us for this school!
Marketing School: June 15, 8 am to 5 pm and June 16, 8 am to 12 noon
Stockmanship School: June 16, 1 pm to 5 pm, June 17, 8 am to 5 pm, and June 18, 8 am to 12 noon. Depending on the weather, we might go drive some cows after lunch for a couple of hours.
Smith’s Restaurant, 1340 State Hwy U, Bolivar, MO 65613, 417-777-6484. There is another Smith’s Restaurant in Springfield, that is not where the school will be held.
- Best Western Plus, 777 E San Martin St, Bolivar, MO 65613, 417-326-0188 (highest quality). We have a special rate of $92/night (plus taxes, about $100/night total) from Monday through Thursday night if you mention you are with “Hand ‘n Hand.”
- Comfort Inn, 2451 W Tower Dr, Bolivar, MO 65613, 417-326-6169
- Country Inn, 1819 S Wommack Ave, Bolivar, MO 65613, 417-326-8004
- Super 8, 1919 S Wommack Ave, Bolivar, MO 65613, 417-777-8888
- Red Cedar Motel, 5100 S Scenic Ave, Bolivar, MO 65613, 417-599-8504 (cheapest, yet good quality, and they have RV hookups in case you want to bring your RV!)
Marketing School Outline—
Using lecture, questions/answers, current market data, and actual math calculations (bring a calculator), we will cover—
- Know and Understand Yourself
- The only price that matters (hint, there won’t be any crystal ball involved)
- Know your resources (money, feed, livestock, and time) and how to manage them
- Sell/Buy compared to Buy/Sell
- Find Relationships and determine what to sell and what to buy
- Marketing for the Cow/Calf Producer
- Determine the Value of Breeding Stock
- Make a profit and stay in business!
Stockmanship School Outline—
Using lecture, questions/answers, and movies, we will cover—
- Research Benefits
- Pressure and Release
- How we Communicate with our Livestock
- Instincts of Humans and Livestock
- Predator/Prey Relationship
- Training the Herd
- At the Gate
- Working in the Corral
- Sorting Livestock
- Weaning and Receiving Livestock
- Loading Livestock
- Our Attitude
No charge for interested kids age 18 and under attending with a parent. Please email or call us so we can have a count for meals.
Charge for adults is $750 per person for both the Marketing and Stockmanship School, $450 per person for the Marketing School, or $500 per person for the Stockmanship School. Two people from the same family/ranch can “buy one, get one half off.”
Lunch is included all four days for both schools, one day (the full day) for the Marketing School, and two days (not the half day) for the Stockmanship School.
As a perk of attending our Livestock Marketing School, you will receive a coupon worth half off the definitive guide, “Proper Livestock Marketing 101” by Bud Williams.
If you would like to register to attend this school, you may either pay by mail or on-line using PayPal.
- Click here for a pdf file to print and mail with your check in either USD or CAD.
- If you would like to pay online using US dollars with PayPal, choose an option below.
Register to attend both the Marketing and Stockmanship Schools
|Marketing and Stockmanship Schools, $750 for one person (June 15-17, 8 am to 5 pm; June 18, 8 am to noon; lunch included all four days).|
|Marketing and Stockmanship Schools, $1,125 for two people from the same ranch (June 15-17, 8 am to 5 pm; June 18, 8 am to noon; lunch included all four days).|
Register to attend just the Marketing School
|Marketing School only, $450 for one person (June 15, 8 am to 5 pm and June 16, 8 am to 12 noon; lunch included on June 15).|
|Marketing School only, $675 for two people from the same ranch (June 15, 8 am to 5 pm and June 16, 8 am to 12 noon; lunch included on June 15).|
Register to attend just the Stockmanship School
|Stockmanship School only, $500 for one person (June 16, 1 pm to 5 pm, June 17, 8 am to 5 pm, and June 18, 8 am to 12 noon; lunch included June 17 and 18).|
|Stockmanship School only, $750 for two people from the same ranch (June 16, 1 pm to 5 pm, June 17, 8 am to 5 pm, and June 18, 8 am to 12 noon; lunch included June 17 and 18).|