Marketing School: June 15, 8 am to 5 pm and June 16, 8 am to 12 noon
Stockmanship School: June 16, 1 pm to 5 pm, June 17, 8 am to 5 pm, and June 18, 8 am to 12 noon. We have to vacate the room at 10:30, but will shift to the bar area for additional questions/discussion.
Marketing School Outline—
Using lecture, questions/answers, current market data, and actual math calculations (bring a calculator), we will cover—
- Know and Understand Yourself
- The only price that matters (hint, there won’t be any crystal ball involved)
- Know your resources (money, feed, livestock, and time) and how to manage them
- Sell/Buy compared to Buy/Sell
- Find Relationships and determine what to sell and what to buy
- Marketing for the Cow/Calf Producer (another hint, every cow/calf producer becomes a stocker manager when their calves get to about 300 pounds!)
- Determine the Value of Breeding Stock
- Make a profit and stay in business!
Stockmanship School Outline—
Using lecture, questions/answers, movies, and maybe some actual cattle driving we will cover—
- Research Benefits
- Pressure and Release
- How we Communicate with our Livestock
- Instincts of Humans and Livestock
- Predator/Prey Relationship
- Training the Herd
- At the Gate
- Working in the Corral
- Sorting Livestock
- Weaning and Receiving Livestock
- Loading Livestock
- Our Attitude
No charge for interested kids age 18 and under attending with a parent, though we need a count for meals.
Charge for adults is $750 per person for both the Marketing and Stockmanship School, $450 per person for the Marketing School, or $500 per person for the Stockmanship School. Two people from the same family/ranch can “buy one, get one half off.” Three people attending from the same ranch can only use the discount for one of the three attendees. If you have five or more coming from the same ranch, call us for the price for your group.
Lunch is included three days for both schools or the full day for one school.
If you would like to register to attend this school, you may either pay by mail (please mail it before June 1) or on-line using PayPal.
- Click here for a pdf file to print and mail (before June 1) with your check.
- Call or email us if you aren’t able to pay before but are certain you will attend.
- If you would like to pay online with PayPal, choose an option below.
If you would like to pay using PayPal, choose an option below.
After choosing an option, you can adjust the number you would like to buy. IE, if you will be bringing 4 people, click the option for 2 people, and, on the PayPal site, change the “Quantity” to “2.” If you will be bringing 3 people, choose the one person option and the 2 person option and both will be added to your shopping cart. If you will be bringing a group of 5 or more from the same ranch, call Richard at 417-327-6500 for pricing.
After you have made your PayPal choices below, adjusted the number of people, and you are ready to pay, if you have a PayPal account, choose “PayPal Checkout.” If you do not have a PayPal account and want to pay with your credit card, choose “Check out, Pay without a PayPal account.”
Register to attend both the Marketing and Stockmanship Schools
|Marketing and Stockmanship Schools, $750 for one person|
|Marketing and Stockmanship Schools, $1125 for two people from the same ranch|
Register to attend just the Marketing School
|Marketing School only, $450 for one person|
|Marketing School only, $675 for two people from the same ranch|
Register to attend just the Stockmanship School
|Stockmanship School only, $500 for one person|
|Stockmanship School only, $750 for two people from the same ranch|