Marketing School: Classroom: first day, 8 am to 5 pm and second day, 8 am to 12 noon
Stockmanship School: Classroom: second day, 1 pm to 5 pm, third day, 8 am to 5 pm.
Marketing School Outline—
Using lecture, questions/answers, current market data, and actual math calculations (bring a calculator), we will cover—
- Know and Understand Yourself
- The only price that matters (hint, there won’t be any crystal ball involved)
- Know your resources (money, feed, livestock, and time) and how to manage them
- Sell/Buy compared to Buy/Sell
- Find Relationships and determine what to sell and what to buy
- Marketing for the Cow/Calf Producer
- Determine the Value of Breeding Stock
- Make a profit and stay in business!
Attendees of the Marketing School will also get the opportunity to buy the new book, “Proper Livestock Marketing 101” by Bud Williams for half price, only $200!
Stockmanship School Outline—
Using lecture, questions/answers, and movies, we will cover—
- Research Benefits
- Pressure and Release
- How we Communicate with our Livestock
- Instincts of Humans and Livestock
- Predator/Prey Relationship
- Training the Herd
- At the Gate
- Working in the Corral
- Sorting Livestock
- Weaning and Receiving Livestock
- Loading Livestock
- Our Attitude
No charge for interested kids age 18 and under attending with a parent, though we need a count for meals.
Charge for adults is $700 per person for both the Marketing and Stockmanship School, $450 per person for either the Marketing School or the Stockmanship School alone. Two people from the same family/ranch can “buy one, get one half off.” Three people attending from the same ranch can only use the discount for one of the three attendees. If more than five people come from one ranch, call us for discount.
Lunch is included three days for both schools or the full day for one school.
If you would like to be alerted when we set the dates or would like more information about the school, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-327-6500.